After the funeral
There are several things you may need to consider after the funeral:
- Interment arrangements
- Reply to sympathy cards and floral tribute cards
- Placing a thank you notice in the newspaper
Memorialisation adds a sense of permanence to a loved one's life ensuring that the memories are kept forever providing peace of mind for those who want to remember. A memorial stands for all to see and visit thus sharing those precious memories with future generations of relatives and friends.
The type of memorialisation you choose may be dictated by the cemetery, for example a lawn cemetery allows plaques only.
Our staff can assist you in your selection of design and wording for the plaques and liaise with the factory. A proof of the design is received from the factory for checking prior to the final production of the bronze plaque.
Plaques come in all shapes, sizes and colours and can even have photographs and images included. Plaques for Rose Gardens and Niche Walls may have specific size requirements, our staff can assist with these.
We can assist you with contacting a stone mason and any concreting required for monumental cemetery graves.
- Ashes may be memorialised in a memorial garden or niche wall. Our Ulverstone premises has a beautiful rose garden and niche wall in a quiet peaceful setting surrounded by large gum trees. You are welcome to visit the garden at any time and sit a while. We are also able to reserve sites in either the rose garden or the niche wall.
- You may choose to keep your loved ones ashes in an urn. We have a selection of urns and memorial containers at each of our locations, and there are many more available in catalogues that our staff are happy to show you.
- Some families choose to scatter the ashes at a place that was special to your loved one. Such as on a farm or the beach, or out to sea. Our staff are able to assist you with these options.
Thank you Cards
Some people like to reply to the sympathy cards and floral tribute cards they received. This can be an onerous task, which can be made easier with a printed card with a picture or photos and a wording that expresses how you feel. Vincent Funeral Services can assist you with the design and printing of these cards and have some examples to guide you.
Thank you Newspaper Notice
You may like to put a thank you notice in the newspaper to thank those who helped your loved one and your family before and during the funeral. Our staff can assist you in placing the notice in the paper.